Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Authentic bavarian Trachten Shirt gingham checkered white red for leather trousers (4XL)
- Magic the Gathering - Liliana's Caress - Magic 2011 - Foil
- ONE 12 COLLECTIVE 76250 Presents Classic Captain America SDCC Exclusive
- Bits and Pieces - Fall Harvest Barn Shaped 750 Piece Jigsaw Puzzles for Adults - Each Puzzle Measures 20 X 27 - 750 pc Jigsaws by Artist Larry Jones
- G.I. JOE Sports K-1 Grandprix 97 Final Japan limited Edition Two Figures Set Hoost Vs Hug by Hasbro
- BloomerangProfessional Sound Dynamic Mic Studio Recording Condensor Microphone
- Titanium hex screw set (for Tamiya TT-02) STD-252
- LNRS4805 1 48 Great Wall Hobby RoCAF T-33A Shooting Star Limited Edition [Model Building KIT]
- Hy-Ko Prod KB361-BKT 35PC LED Light Key Ring - Quantity 6
- Publisher Services Inc (psi) Papa Bear The Fastpaced Visual Perception Game A Bright Idea Game
- Deluxe Kick Scooter Foldable Freestyle Pro Scooters, Height Adjustable Handlebar and Oversized Wheels, Teen Commuter Scooter Best Gift 200 lbs Capacity, Portable Outdoor Recreation
- OP40 heart 70CMX20M RT610203 (japan import)
- The Robot Spirits Side KMF Code Geass Sutherland Sieg (japan import)
- 5001 1 72 T34 76 Plastic Model Kit
- Pirates Of The Caribbean Pirates Of The Carribean Battle Pack Wave 1 Jack Sparrow V2P4 With Paddy Wagon
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with